This post is the third part of making your business ‘come alive’ on the web. The first part (here) covers the basics of getting started and the second part (here) covers typical mistakes businesses make on the web. Following through, this post collates 4 good ideas I came across that delivered good audience engagement.
- 100 Cars for Good: Toyota launched this social campaign rewarding non-profits voted by people with a car. It not only effectively took the ‘mountain to Mohammed’; it did so while generating good-will towards the brand. So, make your audience an integral part of your campaign. You shalt be rewarded!
- The Reveal game: L’Oreal launched this unique hiring process in the form of an online game. The game in five stages allows participants to experience the various departments in a virtual L’Oreal world. While the recruitment drive witnessed extensive participation, it also translated into a superb branding exercise. Bottom line – every communication you send out is a potential branding opportunity at no extra cost.
- P.A.L.S.: The Pure Air Lovers Society initiated by Suzlon is an initiative to increase the number of the environmentally conscientious. The CSR initiative while building a following to the cause also value-added to the brand promise. While I strongly support that CSR should not be a stage to gain marketing value, it nevertheless should be strategically aligned to the business.
- Bakasura (after a demon in Indian mythology known for his voracious eating): This one caught my eye. With just photos of delicious (looking!) eateries and comments on them posted on Facebook each day, this managed to create a buzz among the local audience. The eateries are tagged to restaurants the author visits. I wonder why no food guide ever had this idea to engage their audience!
Every online effort should have an intrinsic audience engagement plan. Share information freely and your brand will gain trust. The web has evolved. It is time your brand does to.
- 100 Cars For Good FB app (Toyota USA)
- The Reveal Game (L’Oreal)
- P.A.L.S. (Suzlon)
- 5 Strategies for Creating Magnetic Online Content (mashable.com)
- How can you turbo-boost any business on the web? (brands-india.com)
- Top 5 mistakes businesses should avoid online (brands-india.com)